In this final installment of our blog series on interpersonal skills, you'll learn about how showing appreciation will propel your career and how perfecting this one skill will help you set yourself apart in your data science career!
The good news for today’s workers is that despite some of the challenges facing them, there is still time to prepare for the Future of Work including upskilling in some of the most important interpersonal skills that will help protect their careers from automation and make them better data scientists.
The automation and elimination of workers’ jobs is a popular topic in almost every industry. According to McKinsey, in the US alone, between 39 and 73 million jobs stand to be automated within the next 5 years, which is around a third of the total workforce. Most of these jobs are being automated by robots. Additionally, companies are streamlining overall business processes, which puts those who have not taken steps to prepare at an even greater risk of losing their jobs.
Colaberry offers flexible online and on-campus training courses in data analytics that focus not only on technical and human skills but also some of the most important skills of all: interpersonal skills.
In this 7 part mini-blog series, we’re discussing 7 interpersonal skills you can develop right now that will set you apart in your data science career. If you missed some of our previous posts, you can click on the links below to read up on other valuable interpersonal skills.
7 Interpersonal Skills that Will Set You Apart in Your Data Science Career
Interpersonal skills are the skills that you, as a data scientist, will need to effectively communicate, interact, and work with other individuals on a team or in a group setting. Each of the skills below can be learned and mastered to give yourself a competitive advantage throughout your data science career.
Just to recap, here are the 7 interpersonal skills you can learn to set yourself apart in your data science career:
- Being patient - read part 1 here
- Being dependable - read part 2 here
- Having a strong work ethic - read part 3 here
- Responsiveness to feedback - read part 4 here
- Being a great listener - read part 5 here
- Collaborating with teammates - read part 6 here
- How to practice showing appreciation
Practice Showing Appreciation
One final way you can differentiate yourself from others is to show appreciation for the opportunities, projects, time and feedback that others on your team or within the organization give you. Being grateful for opportunities (and sharing that appreciation with those who helped you receive them) or helped you to complete a complex task can be challenging but will be worth it. Gratitude will really set you apart from others in your data science career.
According to Inc, there are 7 simple ways to show appreciation to those on your team:
- Say "thank you" -- an all-too-obvious, yet highly underused form of appreciation.
- Go old school and write a card or note to a team member expressing why you appreciate him/her.
- Allow your team to present their work to your boss. This is a great way to engage your team, and it also shows your boss what kind of leader you are.
- Offer team members a choice of projects on which to work. When team members buy into a project, they will put their hearts into it.
- Put a sincere acknowledgment of a team member in your company or department newsletter. This takes only a few minutes of your time but will improve morale across the board.
- Tell the story of an employee's accomplishment at a staff meeting. Detailed stories are perceived as more interesting, meaningful, thoughtful, and memorable.
- Take a team member to lunch to show your appreciation. Remember to do more listening than talking!
Colaberry’s courses help you improve and upskill in these areas and many more. Learn more about our courses below and how you can change your life!
Colaberry Data Analytics Training Will Change Your Life!
Colaberry Data Analytics Training Will Change Your Life!
Colaberry School of Data Analytics has been providing groundbreaking, career-oriented training programs in Data Analytics since 2012. They run online classes that you can take from the comfort of your own home. Colaberry also offers instructor-led classes in the Dallas, TX area. More than 4,500 people have changed their lives by participating in these bootcamp-style classes!
With Colaberry, you will gain a unique set of skills that will put you ahead of the pack due to our focus on providing up-to-date knowledge and a curriculum written to fit right into even the most fast-paced job roles so you can hit the ground running.
Colaberry provides short intensives to help you upskill and specialize yourself in the exact skills companies are looking for in those they employ. We offer online and on-campus programs in multiple locations such as Texas, California, and more.
We Work With Your Finances
We want to ensure that your financial health isn’t a barrier to you attending classes. We offer flexible programs, payment plans, and counseling to make things easier on our students.
Real World Project & Portfolio Experience
Each of our classes integrates a project based on a real-world scenario helping you to grasp some of the most critical job skills that employers are hungry for. We work with you to build a digital portfolio that you can present to employers to demonstrate your competencies in a variety of highly in-demand areas of expertise.
High Job Offer Rate
Our job offer rate is over 80% for our qualified students. That means we focus on developing you in both tech and human skills, how to interview successfully, and perfecting your interpersonal skills.
Don't Miss Out!
Classes are filling up fast. We still have limited space remaining in our upcoming bootcamp. Don’t miss your chance to begin an exciting new career path.